Mactavish Privacy Statement
Mactavish is committed to protecting your privacy. This statement:
- Sets out the types of personal data we collect about you and how it is used
- Outlines how we ensure your data is protected
- Explains how we collect and use your personal data
- Explains how data is shared between our UK offices
- Sets out our legal basis for holding and using your personal data
- Explains the different rights you have in relation to your data
- Explains how to contact us with any questions
What we collect
The type of personal data Mactavish collects about recruitment candidates, suppliers and previous / existing clients includes but is not limited to the following:
- Identity information – name, address, gender and personal contact details
- Employment information – Job title, company name, work contact details and previous roles
- Background information – interests and preferences as provided by you
All this information is considered confidential. It is only processed for the below purposes:
Provision of services
- Services provided to our customers and any information pertaining to those services.
- Maintenance of customer and supplier records and ensuring they are up to date and accurate.
Customer Relationship Management and Direct Marketing
- Acquiring and maintaining contact information about previous, current and potential customers.
- Keeping our customers informed through emails, newsletters and upcoming events that might be of interest.
- To collect information about candidates applying for roles with Mactavish. This information will be retained in alignment with our retention policy.
- Where we are obliged to disclose information as required by law or regulation.
Security and Confidentiality
Mactavish takes the appropriate steps to ensure all the data we store is secured.
Mactavish applies a “need to know” policy around the personal data we hold. Any personal data collected and processed will only be done so by the relevant business group.
Where Mactavish uses third party service providers we endeavour to ensure they comply with the same set of regulations for handling personal data.
How we collect data
Mactavish collects personal data in a number of different ways outlined below:
- Directly from you.
This is information provided by you in order for Mactavish to provide you with a service; in order for you to provide a service to Mactavish; or for applying for a role at Mactavish.
- Publicly available sources.
We use public sources such as LinkedIn.
- Third parties acting on your behalf.
Information passed on by recruitment agencies
- Through our website.
In general, visiting our website (MactavishGroup.com) may be considered anonymous. We do not engage in any activities that will personally identify our visitors. We may use your IP address to help diagnose issues with the website and to gather analytics as to what features of the site are being used the most.
Note – We do not collect any information from people visiting our offices
Mactavish operates out of two offices, London and Exeter. Data is shared regularly between these sites and Mactavish takes the appropriate steps to ensure your data is fully protected.
For clients and suppliers the legal basis for collecting and storing your personal information is that the processing is necessary:
- in relation to a contract which the individual has entered into; or
- because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
For job applicants and our staff, the legal basis for collecting and storing your personal information is that your consent has been obtained.
Finally, where we send marketing information, we do so only to those whom we believe would have a genuine interest in our services and the legal basis for collecting and storing your personal information is that of legitimate business interests.
We have retention policy in place for keeping this data.
In line with the current data privacy regulations all users of whom we hold information about have the following rights.
- The Right of access
Access to view what data we hold about you.
- The Right to rectification
Correct any inaccuracies about the data we hold about you.
- The Right to erasure
Where applicable all your data removed from our systems.
- The Right to be informed
What we are doing with your data.
- The Right to object (to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds)
Where Mactavish relies on legitimate business interest to hold and process your data, then you have the right to object to such processing, unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you would like to request access, review or correct the personal data we have collected about you, please contact us at dataprotection@MactavishGroup.com.
You may unsubscribe from any mailing list by following the instructions provided within the distributed mail.